Surfactants and Personal Care
Chattem Chemicals is the largest source for sarcosinate surfactants in the United States,
which allows customers to have a reliable source in their supply chains to stay within the
borders of the United States.
Hamposyl surfactants are a natural extension of our capabilities as a specialty
chemicals manufacturer, keeping with our mission to supply formulators value added ingredients of the best
quality to the highest standards.
Our Hamposyl products are highly effective surfactants produced from fatty acids
and the amino acid sarcosine. These allow for key performance and attributes to improve the formulations
of end products for a number of markets, including personal care, cleaning, industrial chemicals, and energy.
Hampoysl sarcosines and their salts, the sarcosinates, are mild, biodegradable, anionic surfactants.
The following list illustrates the versatility and broad applicability provided to
formulators by the line of surfactants Chattem manufactures:
- Outstanding lather building
- Excellent foaming and wetting
- Rapid biodegradability
- Advantageous detergency
- Very mild to the eyes and skin
- Improved moisture retention in the skin
- Pleasant feel, softness and lubricity in hair
- Great corrosion inhibition
- Wide compatibility with medicated ingredients
- Good tolerance to hard water
- Resistant to oxidation
- High salt tolerance
- Solubility in highly alkaline systems
- High performance in natural to moderately acidic formulations
Hamposyl surfactants are available commercially in the acid form as follows:
Hamposyl is also commercially available as solutions in the following sodium salts: